Frame 6 and PDF: links from master pages not created

I'm trying out Frame 6, and apparently some hypertext links we've produced
successfully in Frame 5.5.2 don't work in the PDFs made from Frame 6
PostScript.

Here's the situation. In the indexes of our PDF online books we use an
alphabet at the top of the page. Click a letter of the alphabet, go to the
index page that has the start of the entries for that letter:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

indexcolumn1      indexcolumn2

indexcolumn1      indexcolumn2

indexcolumn1      indexcolumn2

In FrameMaker, the alphabet is on the right and left master pages of the
index. Each letter on the master page is in its own text frame and set up as
a gotolink. The destination for each letter is a newlink at the body page
heading for that letter. When you view the index body page in Frame 6, the
link functions as a CTRL + ALT + click hypertext link. When you create a PDF
file from Frame 6, there are no links for the letters at the top of the
page.(The cursor doesn't change as for a link, when you turn on the link
tool in Acrobat, there is no link area.) Index page number links work in the
PDF, as do cross references, TOC, etc.

I've used the Optimize File Size command in Frame 6, turned Named
Destination link creation on an off, but it still doesn't work. I'm printing
to a file on a Windows NT SP6 machine using Frame 6, the Acrobat 3.01 PPD,
and using Distiller 4.0 (not 4.05). I've also verified that the same files
can be used successfully to produce PDF with the link from Frame 5.5.2, and
tried more than one set of files with Frame 6.

Workarounds, anybody?

(cross-posted to the Frameusers list)