Re: O Adobe, Adobe! What a heartbreak company you are! [REVISITED]

Let me clarify a few points from my recent post on Adobe's latest
stumble-footed non-marketing of FrameMaker:

@  Dov, Mark, and Lee were copied only because I wanted them to pass my
post onto the higher echelons of marketing where combined campaigns for
the whole of Adobe's products originate in an effort to persuade this
cabal [don't you love that conspiracy word!] to ALWAYS include FM in ANY
all-products promotion.

While Mark (I believe) has marketing responsibility for the FM line
alone, but possibly not at the corporate image and cross-product level,
Dov, Lee, and Ed operate at a technical level with no responsibility for
marketing.

@  I do not believe in conspiracy theories as to the imminent demise of
FrameMaker because of some evil act of corporate self-flagellation.  But
the FM line is NOT the big money earner and may gradually fade over
years owing to underfunding and benign neglect.

@  The installed base of FM users and its ties to SGML/XML ensure that
it will continue with somebody somewhere even if Adobe loses interest --
which I don't believe.

@  But I could just cry tears of frustration every time FM is relegated
to a second-class (or non-existent) status in various promotions to the
academic, commercial, and corporate publishing industry.

--
Regards,
Hedley Finger   Technical Writer

[FrameMaker 5.5.6, Acrobat 3.02, Windows 98, HP OmniBook 2100]

SUBSCRIBE TO THE ALTERNATIVE FRAMERS LIST
Message must consist of only this text (no signature, etc.):
     subscribe framers <your@preferred.mail.address>
     help
     end
Send above message to:
<mailto:majordomo@omsys.com?Subject=subscribe%20framers>

Ericsson Australia Pty Ltd
Tel. +61 3 9301 6214   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9301 6199
Email. hedley.finger@ericsson.com.au

Hand Holding Projects Pty Ltd
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9809 1326
Email. hfinger@handholding.com.au