Can framemaker do the following??? Fwd: RE: Is FM 5.5.6incompatible with Word 2000 documents?

Fellow Framers,

I'm forwarding this to the lists so those with more expertise can assist fahd. I will comment briefly on these items.

     Input
          different section: scope, functional requirements, risks,
functional
model, object model, sequence diagrams
          etc.

Paul: Yes. We do this all the time. Just check the on-line manuals for what graphics can be imported (and on what platform).

     Output
          a document which is made on the fly as a result of a query to the
system which tells, for example, that include           scope version 1.0,
risks
version 1.0, object model version 1.2, sequence diagrams ver 1.5.

Paul: I believe so. I haven't used the tool, but I believe PatternStream can do database publishing. I also know users who use combinations of mifscripts, framescripts, and perl scripts to accomplish similar tasks.

The tool maintains the various versions of various sections (some of which
are
listed in Input section above) and on runtime generates the output documents
desired.

Paul: The latter script-heavy friends use document repositories and systems which control versioning. Again, I'd rather let them speak to this.

Complete response follows.

Can framemaker do the following???

     Input
          different section: scope, functional requirements, risks,
functional
model, object model, sequence diagrams
          etc.

     Output
          a document which is made on the fly as a result of a query to the
system which tells, for example, that include           scope version 1.0,
risks
version 1.0, object model version 1.2, sequence diagrams ver 1.5.

The tool maintains the various versions of various sections (some of which
are
listed in Input section above) and on runtime generates the output documents
desired.

regards
fahd