Frame to PDF

I bet this is an old tired question, but I've checked all over and can't
seem to find the answer. When making pdf's from Frame, I'm accustomed to
using the print/distill technique rather than the "save as." Today I wanted
to make a pdf with cross references intact, and noted that they didn't
survive upon a print/distill. But they do survive when I "save as." Why the
difference? I'm using Win98 with a postscript-clone hp printer that
otherwise seems to do pretty well with ps. The Acrobat Distiller instance is
using the Adobe 4.3.1 driver. I see no setting in that instance that is
likely to affect the survivability of cross references.
Bill Fetzner, Technical Writer
Electronics Theatre Controls, Inc.
Madison, Wisconsin

<<application/ms-tnef>>