Re: Re(2): Problem with Czech special character

> At 05:40 PM 4/30/00 +0100, Milan Opavsky wrote:
> >You are right - I have to translate and DTP in Czech language about 400
> >pages in FrameMaker 5.56 for Windows and I cannot simple dismiss this
> >character!
> >This is (open to say) very stupid and I don't know this problem in any
> >other DTP software. What shell I say to my client?
> I don't know what you can tell your client, but perhaps frame users in
> Europe should launch a concerted effort to force Adobe to face up to its
> responsibility to support translations.

I agree with Dan, but I understand that Adobe just can't throw Unicode
support into the existing code base of Frame.  What I always do for these
characters that are unavailable is create user variables to concoct the
character needed.
In your case follow these steps:
    - Create a character style named "t'" with only the "spread" setting
set, set it to -15.0% (or-10.0%, I can't remember).
    - Next create a variable named "t'" with the definition as:
        <t'>t'<Default ¶ Font>
    - Insert the "t'" variable wherever you need the t-hachek character.

You will need to replace the t-hachek in your text file with some sort of
entity markup before you import the text, then do a search and replace to
insert the variable.  Let me know if you want more clarification.

Steve.
Steve Schwedland
Noonetime - Realized Energy
steve@noonetime.com