Re: Framers-Digest #900 - 06/08/98

There was a framer's digest awhile back addressing this issue.
Check the archives.

1. Create a file (VirMem.txt) with the following:

%!
% This file allocates xx MB of VM, expanding the available VM for the
% Distiller Interpreter.  This file could be placed in the Distiller
% StartUp folder (Dir), Run as a StandAlone job, or inserted at the
% beginning of a job - to avoid problems with PostScript code that
% checks VM (Win 95 - not necessary for Win NT).
%
% Specifies # of MB of VM allocated at startup
/MB 12 def
%
% PS code allocates EXpanded VM
/MB MB 32 mul def
/myarray MB array def
/MB MB 1 sub def
0 1 MB {myarray exch 32768 string put} for
currentdict /myarray undef
currentdict /MB undef

2. Save it as a postcript file (virmem.ps) in the Distiller\Startup
   directory.