Re: [FM+SGML] Forcing an attribute to have a value

Dan Emory wrote:
> If the DTD also declares the default value, then it is not necessary
> for the default value to be expressed in each instance of it.

Thanks, Dan

It's more complicated (isn't it always?). I'm translating multiple FM
elements to a single SGML element and trying to preserve some source
information, like this:

<blah>   ->   <LI class="blah">

<blah1>  ->   <LI class="blah1>

so I can't do it in the DTD.

Nor can I see how to do it through attribute definitions in the EDD.

Best

Mark Barratt