Generate Acrobat Data problem

When I try to create a PostScript file for distilling in
FrameMaker, the "Generate Acrobat Data" and "Acrobat Setup"
fields in the FrameMaker Print dialog don't light up. When I
create the PS file, I'm choosing Acrobat Distiller as the
printer.  I can generate PDF files okay, but of course they
have no bookmarks. Furthermore, no links work. The TOC, for
example, was generated with the Create Hypertext Links
option, but is not clickable. Cross-references aren't
clickable.

I'm on Windows 98 (lots of memory), FrameMaker 5.5.6, and
Acrobat 4.0. (I'm not sure about 4.0 *what*. When I choose
About Acrobat from the Help menu it says Acrobat 4.0 0318.)

I've tried reinstalling Acrobat twice. The second time, I
had Acrobat Distiller chosen as my default printer when I
reinstalled Acrobat. The physical printer attached to my
machine is not PostScript (alas!), but that wasn't a problem
with Acrobat 3. I had been using this OS this version of
FrameMaker with Acrobat 3 with no problems.

I'm totally stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

-Rhea
Senior Technical Writer
B-Bop Associates, Inc. San Jose, CA