Re: Tabs w/ Cross-Reference Format

Colin,

When you set your tab stop, use a decimal tab with the "-" as your align on
character.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
716 659-8267
frameexpert@mindspring.com
FrameMaker solutions at http://www.frameexpert.com

Framers,

Is it possible format a cross-reference element with tabs interpolated into
the building blocks, which formats the output? (I'm pretty sure this can't
be done.)

Specifically, what I'd like to create is single cross-reference that is
right justified, contains both the heading text and a hyphenated page number
(1- 3), but has a consistently spaced gutter between the heading and the
page #s.

Thus:

Heading   1-3
Heading   1-5

I've done this much,  which works fine - until the second number become a
double-digit. Then the double-digit skews the gutter between the Heading and
the numbers.

Thus:

Heading   1-6
Heading   1-9
Heading 1-10
Heading 1-11

Initially, I thought, hmm.... what about using a right tab on the Heading in
the building block and a left tab on the # building block to create the
effect.  So far, no luck.

I know that I can get this same effect using a table and separate
cross-reference for the Heading and #, but wouldn't it be slick to simply
add a single reference and have it formatted ta boot!