Custom Dictionaries

Recently (again) the subject of custom dictionaries has come up.

Early last year I wondered, but was to lazy to pose the question, why
one of the FDK gurus does not MAKE an ALTERNATIVE SPELLING SYSTEM.
Maybe these things are a lot more complex than I realize -- but I don't
think so, considering some of the other stuff that FDK'ers do.

This approach would permit anybody to build/modify/adapt any existing
dictionary files.  For example, my companies' email systems'
dictionaries and our WordPerfect user-built dictionaries would be
immediately pumped into such a system.

What say you?

--
Jay Smith