Re: Memory Problems

Couldn't resist quoting a few messages from FrameUsers:

>... We have a unique problem. Over the last year, each person in our
>publications & training departments has had to rebuild his or her
>computer from the ground up (nuke the hard drive, reformat, reload
>everything--not a trivial task)...
>... Frame has had a memory leak problem in the past, but I don't think
>I've seen it since 5.0 came out. And it would definitely fix itself
>if you rebooted once a week...
>... The machine starts acting flaky. It hangs for no discernible reason.
>I have to restart the machine fairly frequently -- this thing hangs
>or blue screens a lot. Sometimes, several times a day; sometimes,
>not for several days in a row...
>... My Micron P133 Win95 computer requires a complete hard drive "nuke"
>and reclean about once every six to eight months...

And some people *really* want to know why I keep "hanging on" to
"outdated" UNIX systems that are the "things of the past"...?!?
Nuke the hard drive -- what on earth is that?
Reboot once a day or once a week -- are you kidding?
Reload all the software -- no way!
And what's a blue screen?

Thank God it's Friday! :-)

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers