Re: Unavailable font problem

From: Peter Boardman <pete.boardman@pobox.com>

>Can anyone explain to me what's going on, or suggest a solution? I get
>the "Document uses unavailable fonts" warning when I open a document.
>But if I save the document as MIF and search through it with a text
>editor, there's no trace of the font that Frame claims it can't find.

If you save the document to MIF *after* having seen messages about
unavailable fonts, these fonts may already have been replaced by a
different font. Make sure to set the Preference "Remember Missing
Font Names" before you open the document. Or, save the file to MIF
on a system that doesn't give you the font message. You should then
be able to find the font name in the MIF file.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers