Print color graphics, can't print color text

Hello Frame gurus!

I've searched archives, manuals, and on-line help and I can't figure this
one out.

I have a file that contains both color graphics and color text. When I
create a PDF the graphics show up in color, but all of the text is black.
I'm printing a .ps file using the Acrobat Distiller PPD and Adobe PS 5.1
printer driver, then distilling using the Press Optimized settings in
Acrobat 4.0. That should leave color settings unchanged.
Like I said, the color graphics look great, the text (supposed to be red) is
black. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Windows NT 4.0, Frame 5.5.6, Acrobat 4.0, 256 meg of RAM, Adobe PS 5.1,
Acrobat Distiller PPD, Blond Hair, Blue eyes...

Thanks a whole bunch-
A grateful, always trying to learn, still considers himself a newbie,

Ron Nelson