Disappointment at attitude

Dear Friends

I've been a newbie, I've screwed up stuff, I've apologized for making errors
to this list. I've been reading with increasing dismay the way we should
handle "newbie" questions.

I routinely send my students here for a taste of the Framers community. And
yes, they are bound to ask questions that have been asked before. They are
bound to sound stupid, just like I'm sure I did when I first started using
Frame (and probably *still* do at times).

As a technical communicator, I also realize that the majority of people
would rather be given an answer--most archives are just too darned difficult
to wade through. As are most of the FAQs I've seen.

If we're going to add a bizillion rules to how posts are made, where are
newbies to go? How are they to learn?

When I feel frustrated at the same old question, I remember that I too was a
newbie. I too asked the same question that someone else had answered
recently.

And I remember that someone was kind enough to send me the answer without
giving me a lecture. I guess that I know feel it's my turn to do the same.

Here to serve you

Jerilynne Sander, FrameMaker A.C.E.
Simply Written, Inc.
Check our website for information on the March 29th Clustar QuickStart class
317-562-9298
jsander@simplywritten.com
http://www.simplywritten.com