Re: brad policies: ad nauseum

Ananda, I think an FAQ piece for InFrame is an excellent idea, and much
more constructive than the recent carping (not necessarily by you) about
too many newbie questions. However, I just don't get as worked up as
some listers seem to about these commonly asked questions. If I join the
list today, I don't know about the archives, or that someone went to a
great deal of trouble to explain autonumbering on Tuesday. I would
greatly appreciate a.) being pointed to the archives and told how to use
them and b.) a kind list member forwarding a copy of that wonderful post
on autonumbering (or clipping one's toenails or bodypainting one's
German Shepherd.)

The point of the list is sharing information. For this to work, there
has to be someone who needs that information. I needed a lot of
information when I started using Frame and when I first subscribed to
the lists. I tried to watch and learn, but sometimes I had to ask a
question that probably seemed elementary to many list members. People
were always kind enough to provide answers.

It's a simple matter to delete posts with subject lines that don't catch
your interest, or annoy you, or set your teeth on edge. And if the
subject line isn't explicit enough, you can usually tell in the first
sentence or two whether you want to bother with it.

I have received a lot of great help from both lists, both by asking
questions and by reading posts that addressed something I hadn't had
time or occasion to ask about yet. I enjoy being able to help someone
else tackle something new in Frame. I thought that was what the lists
were about.

Once again, I'm in my asbestos suit, so flame away.