Re: Mapping element attributes to table cells - 2nd try

At 04:53 PM 1/28/00 -0600, Hassen Vince D Contr OC-ALC/LAKRT wrote:
>All,
>
>I have an SGML instance that has an element called "CARD" .  The card
>element appears to really be a table style, although not declared so in the
>EDD, and has several attributes.   The contents these attributes need to be
>mapped into specific cells of the table UPON import of the SGML into
>Framemaker.  I sure hope this is possible.  The documentation is not giving
>me a clear answer.
There's no way you can use read/write rules to convert attribute values to
content on import from SGML. It might be possible to use the FDK to write an
API client that would do it.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646