RE: ClearCase & FrameMaker

At 11:45 AM 1/24/00 , Deborah Snavely wrote:

>and later on someone can't
>check something out because a directory ABOVE a checked-in file is checked
>out. When someone's on vacation or has left the company, it gets interesting
>fixing all the miscellaneous un-closed checkouts that may have been
>overlooked. (CC does have a method for searching for checked-out stuff,
>thank goodness.)

Just a note on this last point. You can see all checkouts with the
"cleartool lsco" command. Look at its options to see how to recurse
downward, and how to look for all checkouts, or only yours.

When I'm in this situation, I always run this command before
deciding I'm done checking in, and always look for all checkouts
(not just mine), just in case.

Tom Neuburger

Mastering Framemaker
Foundation: Building Sentence Skills